Some of you will know me if you’ve been around long enough, and some of you won’t. My name is Estian, and I’m the founder of Willow Way Fitness. Whether you know me or not, it’s because of you that I get to live the life I used to dream about. Maybe I should’ve started with a “Thank You.”
The blog series I’m starting is all about addressing, debunking, and helping you better understand health and fitness. As often as possible, I’ll dive into a topic sent in by you, bringing clarity, cutting through the confusion and hopefully guiding you through your fitness journey.
To get this series started, I thought I’d tackle something more personal that I’m sure many of you can relate to: the feeling of being overwhelmed by the constant effort to balance every aspect of life.
So, according to the experts, this should be my weekly checklist to live a healthy life:
- 4 hours of zone 2 cardio, 4 hours of strength training, 2 hours of stretching (Dr. Peter Attia)
- 30-minute sauna session daily, view morning sunlight after waking up for 10-20 minutes (Dr. Huberman)
- Daily cold plunges and breath work (Wim Hof)
- Meditation or journaling (to really destress)
- 8 hours of sleep every night in a cold, dark room
- Intermittent fasting, paleo, Keto, and low-fat all at once because everyone says something different.
All of that, and I still have to run a business, be an attentive father and a good husband.
Honestly, even the thought of it is overwhelming. The demands of modern life and the noise that comes from social media can make us feel like we’re always falling short.
But here’s the truth: there isn’t only one way.
The pursuit of a healthy life isn’t about ticking every box or following every trend. It’s about finding what resonates with you and building from there.
Keep it simple. Try to be better than you were yesterday, one small step at a time.
If you need guidance without the overwhelm, consider these recommendations I’ve found useful:
- Book – Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less, by Greg McKeown
- Podcast – The Tim Ferriss Show
Until next time.